Thursday, January 1, 2009










What a great day! Lori called this morning to invite me to go snow shoeing in Gatineau Park with her, Andre & Marcel. I was so cozy in bed & thought about saying no but decided to go for it. I can always catch up on my sleep later. So glad I did. Despite the biting cold, it was a beautiful day, hardly a cloud in the sky.



When we got to Gatineau park they told me we would be doing Wolf Trail. I'd heard a lot about how steep it was & thought perhaps I was in a little over my head but it was too late to back out. I put on my brave face, said to myself " You can do this!" & off I went. There were a few spots where my heart was pounding in my chest & my lungs were coming out my nostrils. I still haven't figured out how people can climb steep hills & still manage to carry on a conversation! A few times I was wishing someone had thought to pack some oxygen & a defibrilator for me. I made it to the top & was pleasantly surprised at how well I did. We had to inch our way along a log lying across a stream without falling in. I gave instruction to Lori that if I did fall to get the picture first then rescue me. (I brought a change of clothes just in case) Marcel & Andre were first to the top, of course, I think Lori stayed back to keep me from feeling lonely, We weren't that far behind anyway.




Afterwards we followed New Year tradition (per Andre & Lori) and stopped at MacDonalds for fries & coke. Some days that stuff just goes down so easily! After the fries & coke, things started to thaw and the cold shivers set in. It was good to get back to the Cave for a nice long hot shower & dry clothes.



2009 is off to a good start! Best wishes to all of you for a very Happy New Year filled with Love, Laughter & good health!



Take Care & Keep Smiling!






No comments: