Friday, January 23, 2009

Sarah's Visit

My daughter Sarah came to visit this week. She was able to get time off work to spend 5 days with me here at the Cave. Well...we didn't spend much time at the Cave. Sarah loves to shop & shop we did! What's that phrase? Shop till you drop? I dropped long before the five days were done. It was fun though & so nice to see her having a good time.


Besides shopping we had some great meals around town. We enjoyed a bowl of Won Ton Noodle soup at Wang's Noodle House in the ByWard Market today.

After soup we just had to have a Beaver Tail, a delicious pastry that of course has no calories...


There was also a movie on the agenda, Sarah wanted to see a 3D Horror flick so off we went to see "My Bloody Valentine". Let's just say it's not worth commenting on further.

The best day was Thursday. We drove to Le Nordic Spa in Chelsea, Quebec. There we enjoyed the hot pool, saunas & a nice lunch in the lodge. Totally worth the trip & certainly something to do again. My favorite was the steam sauna, love the smell of eucalyptus!

That evening we joined my friends Lori and Cathy for pizza & then had fun playing with Lori's Wii fit. I did very poorly, it kept telling me I was "unbalanced". What does it know anyway, it's just a game.



Unfortunately all good things must come to an end. It's back to work for both of us tomorrow. Sarah's off to Nova Scotia until our next visit.

We had a very nice visit & are looking forward to our next one, (when the weather is warmer).

Take care & keep smiling!

No comments: