Monday, January 5, 2009

Today was almost spring-like...almost. The biting winds have taken a break & it was nice to be able to walk outside without freezing the eyeballs! I started my walk in heavy snow flurries & ended it in bright sunshine. Very nice.





I got to the gym for my workout only to discover that I had left my membership card & key to my locker back at the Cave. DUH! So, instead of elliptical & weights, I changed my workout to a power walk. It all worked out as it felt good to be outside. Of course there was Starbucks at the end for a non-fat Latte as a reward!





There were a few more people out & about today. I was also fortunate to be able to see some wildlife! They were very cooperative, staying still long enough to allow me to capture this photo of them that you see on the right.



















On Saturday I went to dinner with friends @ Moxies. The food was excellent! I enjoyed my salmon with almonds & garlic mashed potatoes very much and even had room for dessert. The name escapes me but it was a delicious banana cheesecake wrapped in pastry served with french vanilla ice cream & caramel sauce. Definitely something I would have again.




After dinner we went to the movie "Marley & Me". There were lots of laughs but at the end I think the whole audience was in tears. It brought back a lot of very fond memories of the dogs I have had. I had read the book a while back, it is definitely worth the read for all you dog lovers out there.




Well it's back to work for me tomorrow, 2 days & 2 nights. Then off to Florida!! I am very anxious to return to where it's nice & warm & I don't have to wear a snow suit every day. Picture toddlers all bundled in their snowsuits so they can hardly move, that's how it feels by the time I'm ready to go outside. It takes about 5 minutes to put all the stuff on! Winter does have some good points....hmmm....but, I'll take warmth and sunshine over it any day.




Take Care & Keep Smiling!

No comments: