Wednesday, December 31, 2008


Here it is the end of another year. Where does the time go? 2009 is promising to be a very good year, not that 2008 wasn't.


Christmas in Florida was the best! Christmas day was spent with good friends together enjoying a great meal. It was so good to see everyone again! (I do love the warm temperatures & sunshine too) However it was back to the "real" world for me December 28, somebody has to work....The PICU remains busy, unfortunately some of our children weren't able to be discharged for the Holidays so we do our best to help the kids & their families through very tough times.

Back to work tonight for one more night, my colleagues & I have planned our own New Year celebration...food!...always a good thing.


Temperatures were quite mild when I first returned to Ottawa but the past 2 days have seen rather nasty wind chills. There has not been any new snowfall, & the ice has broken up making the sidewalks a lot safer to walk. I'm still using my poles & find them very helpful!


There is still no end to the city's transit strike. Hopefully it won't go much longer. I would really like to be able to get around a bit more. Very restrictive with no buses & no vehicle.


My daughter will be coming to Ottawa to spend a few days with me. I'm looking forward to that. I just heard though that she is in hospital with a possible appendicitis attack. She is being assessed for need for surgery. Tough way to bring in the New Year. Her Dad is keeping me posted but as with most health care facilities it's a long wait in the emergency department.

Another night to go then a few days off. I'm hoping to connect with some friends here to catch up on things. Perhaps a little snowshoeing, dinner, movie. Time to get out a bit.

For all of you celebrating tonight have a great time & stay safe!

Take care & keep smiling!






No comments: