Thursday, December 18, 2008


Hello again. My days off are coming to an end. Back to work tomorrow then back to sunny Florida on Tuesday! I can't wait! It's only December & I've crawled through enough snow banks to last me a long time. But wait! We are getting 2 more storms this weekend!!


I'm not sure how far I've walked in total this week but I do know my workouts at the gym are getting easier. I managed to beat my previous records on the elyptical machine without needing to nap afterwards. I was also able to go up my repetitions for my weight program. Feeling pretty good right now. Can`t wait to start seeing results.


The bus strike continues here in Ottawa & there is no end in sight. It sure has created a lot of problems all around. Oh well, feet don't fail me now! Walking around the city, & I've covered a lot of it since the strike, is not easy. A lot of places don't have any sidewalks forcing one to walk on the roads & jumping into snow banks to avoid oncoming traffic. Picture that! I walked home after getting my hair done last night & had to do just that. I had visions of headlines reading, ``Woman struck down diving into snowbank to avoid cars, she didn't make it but wow her hair sure looked good!!`` Sidewalks that are ploughed are slippery & have high banks to climb over to cross the streets. I feel for seniors who are forced to navigate this way.


I`m so excited! I bought myself a Black & Decker hand held vacuum. After cleaning the cave yesterday I decided I had enough crawling on my hands & knees with duct tape to clean my carpet. I know, the things that keep me happy....


I`ve been trying to work my way through the books on photoshop elements & my new Canon Rebel XSi 450D that I inherited from Mark. Let`s just say I have a long way to go before I will be as good as he is. Trying to figure it all out is harder than I thought. I`ll keep at it though. The picture you see is one I took of a mural in Lake Placid.



I was hoping to get some nice pictures of Christmas lights in the neighbourhood. I tried a couple but my hands are not steady enough to hold the camera still for the required time to take the picture. I also noticed that there aren`t a lot of decorated homes around here. Must be a sign of the times.

Life is good, Florida next week!


Take care & keep smiling!

1 comment:

Brits On Tour said...

Can't wait to see you girl friend xxxxxxxxx